More and more people nowadays have gone eco-friendly. While I am not sure what the total or full substance of that might be, to my knowledge it does involve getting rid of plastics or at least the usage of plastics in our way of life. That means at the very least, no more plastic bags in bringing home our groceries. That also means we cant use anymore plastic bags inside the house for the smaller trashcans. I”m not sure though how this plastic thing will affect garbage collection since we also use giant garbage bags to collect our trash and set them out on a weekly basis.
The presence of plastics in the long term view of ecology is surely unwise. that is why groups like Green Peace are so adamant that people be eco-friendly. Many plastics are simply un-recyclable and that spells real trouble for the generations to come. I agree, that by God’s grace and with much biblical wisdom, we ought to be eco-friendly without pursuing the priority of this earth, in a way that surpasses the Great Commission. God forbid that we have Christians speaking much of this earth as the greatest solution to life’s problems.
But what we Christians should also be adamant about is the sin that plagues the church. Plastic is also present in the church. and when I say “plastic” it refers to hypocrites. I give them the term P.V.C. or Pharisaism Via Christianity. What are we going to do about plastic people in the church? Do we also see them as a threat in the long run? Shall they pose a pitfall for the future generations of the church as well?
The Lord fairly warned us of the Pharisees; the Lord was not angry at them for nothing. What did the Lord call them in Matthew 23?
- Mat 23:15 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you travel across sea and land to make a single proselyte, and when he becomes a proselyte, you make him twice as much a child of hell as yourselves.
- Mat 23:16 “Woe to you, blind guides, who say, ‘If anyone swears by the temple, it is nothing, but if anyone swears by the gold of the temple, he is bound by his oath.’
- Mat 23:17 You blind fools! For which is greater, the gold or the temple that has made the gold sacred? . . .
- Mat 23:19 You blind men! For which is greater, the gift or the altar that makes the gift sacred?. . .
- Mat 23:23 “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you tithe mint and dill and cumin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faithfulness. These you ought to have done, without neglecting the others.
- Mat 23:24 You blind guides, straining out a gnat and swallowing a camel!
- Mat 23:25 “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you clean the outside of the cup and the plate, but inside they are full of greed and self-indulgence.
- Mat 23:26 You blind Pharisee! First clean the inside of the cup and the plate, that the outside also may be clean.
- Mat 23:27 “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs, which outwardly appear beautiful, but within are full of dead people’s bones and all uncleanness.
- Mat 23:28 So you also outwardly appear righteous to others, but within you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness.
- Mat 23:29 “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you build the tombs of the prophets and decorate the monuments of the righteous,
- Mat 23:31 Thus you witness against yourselves that you are sons of those who murdered the prophets.
- Mat 23:33 You serpents, you brood of vipers, how are you to escape being sentenced to hell?